Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: One super 8 music video more from Finland!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the link for music video shot with super 8.

    Shot by Valtteri Kantanen (Canon 814 XL-S) and directed by Katja Haapimaa. I made workprinter transfer.


    http://www.sit.fi/~haapimak/s8/video.mpg

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi I wanted to say good work.
    I just have a few questons.
    Why does it jerk so much? Is it because of the camera used or is it from the workprinter transfer.
    What film stock is used?
    Do you use the Sony pc100 dv cam and if so how do you use it with only the 10x zoom lense?

    I am new to super8 transfers and have never had any film transfered before, thats why I got so many questions.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  3. #3
    Inactive Member disjecta's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice job. Any chance you could post a portion of it at 100% as a mov or avi? I'd love to see what the actual quality looks like from the Workprinter.

    Thanks

    Steven

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Anthony Collins:
    Hi I wanted to say good work.
    I just have a few questons.
    Why does it jerk so much? Is it because of the camera used or is it from the workprinter transfer.
    What film stock is used?
    Do you use the Sony pc100 dv cam and if so how do you use it with only the 10x zoom lense?

    I am new to super8 transfers and have never had any film transfered before, thats why I got so many questions.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That vertical jumping is cause of camera (Canon 814 XL-S) and Kodak K40-combination without pressure plate. Valtteri's 814 needs some kind of service anyway, cause he has possible back focus problems also with this one.

    I use Sony PC-100 and haven't had any problems with its 10 x zoom range. Its combination of ccd and zoom-range is just perfect to WP-use. I have tried couple Canons (mv-series) and even they have 12 or 16 x zooms, I cannot use them same like I use my own Sony with Workprinter.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 25, 2003 12:51 PM: Message edited by: jukkasil ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info. I was thinking about going with a gl1 or something else but if you get that good of a result from the sony why should I spend twice the money.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •